I’m so excited to be able to offer the Forest Glen Satchel, my first “real” pdf pattern, for sale! I’ve talked a bit about the Forest Glen Satchel in past posts (here, here). Little did I know it would take such a great deal of work to finish it for you. Thank you to everyone who helped throughout the process – you are all amazing!
The Forest Glen Satchel is the perfect sized cross-body everyday tote bag. It’s simple to sew up, I created it with confident beginners in mind. There are no buttons, zippers or snaps – it closes with a strap so you can easily get to what’s inside! The front details and side chevron are my favorite parts of this bag, because they give it character. You can mix and match fabrics to create so many looks! I can hardly wait to post the tester bags (coming this weekend!) so you can see the amazing work my amazing pattern testers completed. SO much inspiration!
This Satchel began as a project interpretation of Elizabeth Olwen‘s second collection with Cloud9 Fabrics, “Wildwood”. I was fortunate to talk with Elizabeth about her fabric, and this Satchel is my creation based on our conversations. Her vision for the Wildwood collection, and artistic direction along the way, inspired the final design.
Would you like to sew a satchel for yourself or as a gift?
This bag finishes at 11″ tall by 10″ wide and 3″ deep. It features an adjustable cross-body strap, simple closure strap and it is fully lined with an inner divided pocket.
Here is what you can expect when you purchase the instant PDF Pattern download:
- A 23 page PDF pattern e-book with 12 pages of instructions and 11 pages of pattern pieces.
- Simple, detailed instructions to help you complete the 36 steps involved in making the satchel.
- Over 50 full colour photos to illustrate the step-by-step process.
- Easy to print and assemble pattern pages, print to letter size or A4 paper.
- Granny’s Sewing Basket – highlights Notes and Tips to make sewing this satchel faster and easier! (introduction to Granny)
- Large seam allowance icons throughout, no more searching when you forget.
- Check boxes in all lists and for each step, for those of you who love to keep track of your progress!
- This pattern includes a limited production seller’s license.
- Outer: ½ metre/yard, 44″ wide quilting cotton
- Lining: ½ metre/yard, 44″ wide quilting cotton
- Contrast #1: ½ metre/yard, 44″ wide quilting cotton
- Contrast #2: Chose one of the following options –
- One-Way/Directional Print: 3/4 metre/yard, 44″ wide quilting cotton
- Multi-Directional Print: ½ metre/yard, 44″ wide quilting cotton
- ½ metre Medium Weight Woven Fusible Interfacing (20″ wide)
- ½ metre of 44″ wide Fusible Fleece (ex. Pellon 987F)
- Two 100 metre spools of matching thread (suitable for stitching and top-stitching all fabrics)
- One 1 ½” Strap Adjuster
- Two 1 ½” Rectangular Rings
- OPTIONAL (to create a stiffer satchel): ½ metre Heavyweight Woven Fusible Interfacing (44″ wide) OR an extra ½ metre of Fusible Fleece
- OPTIONAL Interfaced Lining: 3/4 metre Light Weight Woven Fusible Interfacing (20″ wide)
If you would like to purchase Wildwood fabric to compete your project, please visit Warp & Weft to view the entire collection. They also stock Forest Glen Satchel Paper Patterns & Kits in three different Wildwood combinations chosen by Elizabeth Olwen to compliment this pattern.
I think that’s everything! If you need any more information or help throughout the pattern I am always available – please email email@example.com