I’ve been busy behind the scenes getting a couple of patterns ready in partnership with Fabric Spark. They were sold as kits at the Fall Creativ Festival this year and now I am releasing the pdf version to be sold in my pattern shop as well!
This Gift Bag Pattern was created as a beginner-friendly pattern that only uses 1 yard of fabric! Each instruction is well written, with minimal cutting and simple construction. It is a great way to use your stashed fabrics to wrap your gifts. Use a one yard piece, or cut each bag individually from different fabrics. The fabric bag becomes a permanent gift for the receiver as well! Here is a little bit about each of the four bags.
Bottle/Sock Bag: Perfect for hostess gifts, or as a stand-in for Christmas stockings, this bag ties it all up with a bow. Fill it with your favourite wine, homemade jelly, socks or a few small toys. The more the merrier.
Santa Sack: The minimal yardage and simple construction of this Santa Sack make it a quick favourite. Sew up one, or twenty and have a paper-free gift giving season!
Envelope: An envelope can hold so many things. Use this pretty fabric envelope to uniquely wrap your favourite flat gift. This envelope is perfect for mailing because it fits inside flat packaging!
|Tote Bag: A tote bag is a useful gift and so much more when it arrives as the gift wrapping! This bag is the perfect size to hold books and other small objects. Use it as is or tie the top with ribbon before gifting.|
Here is what you can expect when you purchase the instant PDF Pattern download:
- A 10 page PDF pattern e-book with instructions and lots of photos to help you through each step.
- Simple, detailed instructions and a glossary to help with sewing terms.
- Over 50 full colour photos to illustrate the step-by-step process.
- Granny’s Sewing Basket – highlights Notes and Tips to make sewing these gift bags faster and easier! (introduction to Granny)
- Large seam allowance icons throughout, no more searching when you forget.
- Check boxes in all lists and for each step, for those of you who love to keep track of your progress!
- This pattern includes a limited production seller’s license.
- 1 yard/metre of quilting cotton
- 45″ of 3/8″ wide ribbon
- matching thread
- large safety pin
If you would like to purchase a kit to compete your project,
please visit Fabric Spark to see available colour options.